Notes on a Stylish Grandmother

Leave a Comment
 I met this wonderful woman and her grandchildren walking down 5th Avenue over the weekend. I asked if I could take her photo and she politely insisted that I include her beautiful granddaughters as well. After snapping a few shots I handed them my card and continued on my photo hunting journey. Later that afternoon I got an email from one of her granddaughters asking if I would send them a few of the photographs. I told her I would send her the photos and  asked if she would send me a few words about her wonderful  grandmother . Check out Ilana's beautiful remarks on her 86- year-old grandmother Beverly below:

Anyone who has had the pleasure of knowing my Grandma Beverly knows that she matches every part of her outfit to a tee, from her shoes to her necklace.  Grandma Bev moved to a new, more spacious apartment earlier this year, and on my first visit, she took me on a tour of her new closets. When I commented on how many pairs of shoes she has, she replied, �You have to remember, I�m 86 years old.  It�s not like they�re all new.� 

Over the years, she has collected a closet full of vibrant colored shoes� and two more filled with shirts, suits, and socks to match.  Her look is timeless and her bold taste is truly a reflection of her character� a world traveler, a social butterfly, an avid theater-goer, and a self-proclaimed "city girl."  
But more importantly, she's a caring person whose lively spirit brings people together and is unforgettable to all who cross her path.  She�s a dedicated volunteer at her local senior center, an active member of her synagogue, and the loving matriarch of our family.   She is unique, bold, and bright inside and out, and I hope that at 86, I can look as fabulous as she does and be as wonderful as she is.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment